☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 clilac blossoms, no leaves and no stems
2 1/2 cboiling water
1/4 clemon juice
1 boxsure-gel or 6 tablespoons powder pectin
How to Make Lilac Jelly
- Put blossoms in a large jar and pour boiling water over them.
- Let steep for 8 hours or overnight.
- Strain and squeeze flowers dry. You should have 2 1/4 cups of infusion. Add more water, if needed.
- Place infusion, lemon juice, and pectin in large heavy pot.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Add sugar, stirring.
- Return to boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Skim off foam, if needed.
Note: adding 1 teapoon butter before sugar cuts down foaming
- Ladel in hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Wipe rim, screw on lids.
- Put in water bath (warm to hot water) - be sure that water is 1 inch over jars.
- Process for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool.