Lemon Balm Jelly
Sorry, I can't even claim the pictures. It belongs to the original poster..ErickSari
Just had to keep a copy to save the label idea.
If you plant lemon balm, it will come back year after year, even in the north.
- 1 c
- lemon balm leaves packed, roughly chopped
- 3 c
- lemon juiced
- 1 box
- 4 c
How to Make Lemon Balm Jelly
- 1Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan and stir in the lemon balm. Remove from the heat, and let the mixture steep for 10 minutes, as if you were making rose-petal tea.
Strain the "tea" making sure to squeeze the leaves to get every last drop of flavor out of them.
- 2Pour in the fresh lemon juice. You should have exactly 3 cups of liquid after the lemon juice is added, if you don't, put in enough water to make 3 cups. Now pour in your pectin and dissolve.
- 3Over the highest possible heat, bring the mixture to a boil and add the sugar. When the solution returns to a hard rolling boil, time it for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. After 2 full minutes, transfer the jelly to hot, sterilized glasses and seal according to manufacturer's suggestions.
- 4Boiling Water Bath can for 10 mins