Needs to sit over 2 nights! Takes 3 days to complete but it is well worth it!
The flavor is different from that of any orange marmalade.
- 1 1/2 lb
- kumquats, washed, sliced very fine seeded
- 1 medium
- lemon, washed, finely sliced with peel
- 8 1/4 c
- cold water
- 7 c
DAY THREE - PROCESS
How to Make Kumquat Marmalade
- 4Day Three - once more bring to a boil using medium high (if you use high it might burn - just sayin that's my luck). Cook rapidly for 30 minutes or until 2 drops run off the edge of a metal spoon simultaneously
- 5If there is any foam on the surface, skim off before pouring into hot sterile jars. Seal tightly and store in refrigerator.
- 6Jelly thermometer should read 218-220 I don't recall storing in the fridge. I use the 5 minute inversion method for sealing my jellies