How to Make Kudzu Jelly
- 1Pull Purple blossoms off stems.
- 2Wash blossoms.
- 3Place blossoms in a large bowl and pour the boiling water over them.
- 4Stir and let sit in refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight. Liquid will be gray in color.
- 5Strain liquid and discard blossoms.
- 6Pour liquid in a medium pot. Add lemon juice, pectin, & sugar.Lemon juice will turn the gray liquid to purple.
- 7Bring jelly to a full roiling boil stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and skim off foam. Poor jelly into hot sterilized jars and seal.
- 9Process jars in a hot water bath for 7 minutes.
- 10Store in a cool place until your ready to eat.