How to Make Kudzu Jelly
- Pull Purple blossoms off stems.
- Wash blossoms.
- Place blossoms in a large bowl and pour the boiling water over them.
- Stir and let sit in refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight. Liquid will be gray in color.
- Strain liquid and discard blossoms.
- Pour liquid in a medium pot. Add lemon juice, pectin, & sugar.Lemon juice will turn the gray liquid to purple.
- Bring jelly to a full roiling boil stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam. Poor jelly into hot sterilized jars and seal.
- Process jars in a hot water bath for 7 minutes.
- Store in a cool place until your ready to eat.