Jalapeno Hot Pepper Jelly
How to Make Jalapeno Hot Pepper Jelly
- 1Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- 2Puree peppers in food processor or blender with 1 cup cider vinegar until smooth. Do not strain purée.
- 3Combine purée with remaining 1 cup cider vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Add liquid pectin, immediately squeezing entire contents from pouches. Continue to boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add food coloring, if using, and skim foam if necessary.
- 5Ladle hot jelly into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- 6Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
- 7NOTE: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, wear rubber gloves to keep your hands from being burned.