Hot & Sweet Red Pepper Jelly
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
- 3 c
- red bell peppers finely chopped (washed and stems & seeds removed)
- jalapeno peppers finely chopped(washed and stems removed)
- 1 1/2 c
- apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 6 1/2 c
- 4 oz
- liquid pectin
- drops of red food coloring (optional)
How to Make Hot & Sweet Red Pepper Jelly
- 1Add the bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, vinegar, and sugar to the sauce pan. Bring to a rolling boil and cook for 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2Stir in the liquid pectin and continue to boil for 3 more minutes, stirring constantly. Skim off the white foam with with the metal spoon, and remove the pan from the heat.
- 3Ladle the jelly into the sterilized jars, leaving a 1/2-inch head space. Insert the plastic spatula next to the glass and run it carefully around the edges to help remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims clean and seal immediately with new lids.
- 4Place jars in hot boiling water for 10 minutes to ensure sealing of jars and let cool for at least 24 hours. Enjoy jelly after that time.