- 6 c
- 1 1/2 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 c
- jalapeno peppers, fresh & ground
- 2 pkg
- certo (2 pkgs. in 1 box)
- 1 c
- chopped onion, fine (may also grind up)
- 2 dash(es)
- green food coloring, optional
How to Make Hot Pepper Jelly
- 1Bring onions, sugar, vinegar and peppers to a full rolling boil. Let stand to cool for 10 minutes. Add Certo. If you want this a pretty geen color, add a few drops of food coloring. Stir well. Pour into steralized glass canning jars the jam and jelly size and cover with melted paraffin wax and let cool. Makes 9-8oz. jars.
- 2We use this jelly on eggs, pork chops,hamburgers, hot dogs anything. Put on your dinner table like you do your ketchup.
- 3I use about 1 3/4 pkg. Certo. We like the jelly a little thiner. Easer to spread.