Cuban style Guava Jam
This recipe is a family favorite passed down a few generations. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
My family loves this jam with cheese wedges or over cream cheese. I have also used it to make cheesecake and to flavor cakes and frostings.
YIELDS ABOUT 48OZ OF JAM
GREAT FOR CANNING!
How to Make Cuban style Guava Jam
- 1Wash and remove stems off the guavas.
- 2Scoop out the centers of the guavas and put in a separate container.
- 3Cut the guava pulp with skin into quarters and place in a blender to puree. At this point add enough water to help the mixture liquefy.
- 4Strain the puree really well and discard the skin and pulp left behind.
- 5At this point you can get the seeds and strain those as well, this part will require a spatula or the back of a spoon to help you get the puree through the strainer.
- 6Combine both strained puree's with the sugar into a pot. Cook on high until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly as to avoid sticking or burning.
- 7Add the pinch of salt and
Lower to medium heat. Continue to cook and stir occasionally for about 30 minutes.