Coconut Lime Jelly
Blue Ribbon Recipe
We plain LOVE the flavors of this jelly! We've been coming up with so many fun ways to use it: with graham crackers, on a warm biscuit, with muffins... and on ice cream! The Test Kitchen
How to Make Coconut Lime Jelly
- Prepare jars and two piece lids in hot water.
- In large deep pot, combine coconut juice,cream of coconut,lime juice, coconut, and powdered pectin. Stir well.
- Bring to a hard rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- When mixture reaches boil, add sugar all at once. Stir constantly, making sure that all sugar is dissolved.
- Bring mixture to a hard rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Boil for exactly one minute.
- Remove from heat, and stir for 7-8 minutes until mixture begins to thicken and coconut flakes begin to suspend in mixture. If you skip this step, all of the coconut flakes will remain at the top of the jelly.
- After the coconut begins to settle in the mixture, ladle the jelly into the prepared jars,tighten lids, and return to the pot of the boiling water and process for 10 minutes. Remove, and cool.
- Makes 6-8 half pint jars.