Cinnamon Apple Jelly
HINT: I put my jars into a roasting pan full of water on the stove to heat up. After getting all my utensils and ingredients together I can whip up a batch is less than half an hour...practice makes perfect!
How to Make Cinnamon Apple Jelly
- In LARGE kettle, heat cider, red hots and pectin over HIGH, stirring often. Bring to a full rolling boil (This is a boil that you cannot stir down - that keeps boiling when you stir vigorously).
- Add sugar (all at once) ; return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. After mixture comes to a full rolling boil, then time for exactly 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off any foam (I have never had any). Pour into hot jars leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Take a damp paper towel and wipe any jelly from rim of jar so caps won't stick. Adjust caps. Turn jars over on toweling and time 5 minutes. Turn jars upright and leave until cool and jelled.
- This recipe made 8-8oz jars with a little left over which I put into a small glass container to use immediately when cooled.