- # 1 package (40 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed or 2-1/2 quarts fresh strawberries, hulled # 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin 5 cups sugar
How to Make Christmas Jam
- 1* Grind strawberries and cranberries in a food processor or grinder; place in a Dutch oven. Add sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil; boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in pectin and return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
* Cool for 5 minutes; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: about 14 half-pints.
- 2: The processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 84 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat),0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.