By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Candied Cranberries
- 1Cook 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons water in heavy small saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 2Transfer to top of double boiler.
- 3Add cranberries.
- 4Cover berry mixture and place over simmering water.
- 5Cook 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Remove from over water.
- 7Let cranberry mixture stand at room temperature overnight.
- 8Place remaining 1/2 cup sugar on plate.
- 9Drain cranberries well.
- 10Add the sugar and turn to coat.
- 11Let dry at least 30 minutes.
- 12(Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- 13Makes about 1/2 cup.