By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Candied Cranberries
- Cook 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons water in heavy small saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Transfer to top of double boiler.
- Add cranberries.
- Cover berry mixture and place over simmering water.
- Cook 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from over water.
- Let cranberry mixture stand at room temperature overnight.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup sugar on plate.
- Drain cranberries well.
- Add the sugar and turn to coat.
- Let dry at least 30 minutes.
- (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Makes about 1/2 cup.