Brown Sugar Fig Preseves
Deborah Jean Schmidt
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 c
- figs, washed & cut in half
- 3 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 Tbsp
- amaretto liqueur
- 6 oz
- liquid fruit pectin
- fruit fresh / ascorbic acid powder
How to Make Brown Sugar Fig Preseves
- 1(Harvest) trim stems, wash & cut each fruit in half. Sprinkle w/ fruit fresh as you go to keep fresh. Fold in brown sugar gently. Avoid/ minimize crushing fruit.
*FYI* use microwave safe (glass) bowl that is at least 2quarts, or @ twice the volume of the fruit.
If your bowl is only 1-1.5 quart, I'd work w/ 1/2 batch at a time, to prevent the mess of boiling over
- 2Cover, heat on high & Bring to a boil in microwave. Uncover & continue simmering on medium for 5-10 minutes, Stir every minute. Some of the juice will cook out, so just keep them on heat just until the juicy goodness has fully dissolved that sugar & you notice it clings a bit to the wooden spoon.