This makes a special gift for Christmas, we give it in a basket with other canned items and suggestions on how to serve each item.
Simple, easy, old fashion recipe that reminds all of the generations of a simpler time... and great-grandma!
How to Make Blackberry Jam
- 1Clean berries. Remove large hard center of berries by squeezing out. Put berries in large stainless steel pot.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice. Boil for 3 minutes.
- 3Add sugar. Stirring constantly, bring back to a boil that can not be stirred down. Add the Jell-O. Boil for 10 minutes.
- 4Add the Sure Jell. Stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 5Let sit for 3 minutes. Ladle into sterilized jars. Place lids and rings to fingertip tightness. Put jars in boiling water bath for 15 minutes. Remove jars to a towel lined counter to sit and cool for 24 hours before moving and storing.