I grow fresh basil find the flavor so much better than the dried basil.
- 4 c
- 2 c
- firmly packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 pkg
- (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- drops green food coloring
- 5 c
How to Make Basil Jelly
- 1In a large saucepan, bring water and basil to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Strain through cheesecloth and discard basil. Return 3-2/3 cups liquid to the pan. Stir in pectin and food coloring. Return to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the sugar. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and skim off foam.
- 2Carefully ladle hot mixture into sterilized hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Makes 6 half-pints.