How to Make Banana Jam
- Peep and slice bananas into a large pot. Then add the lemon juice.
- Cook the bananas and lemon juice till bananas are very soft.
- Add the sugar in small amounts at a time stirring after each addition until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil on a medium high heat, skimming off any froth from the top, for 1hour, stirring every now and again. After an hour place a small amount on a saucer and place in the freezer for 2 minutes. Take out and run your finger through the middle. If the jam stays apart your jam is cooked.
- Place jam into hot sterilised jars and seal tightly.