Apple or Grape Jelly made with Canned Juice
How to Make Apple or Grape Jelly made with Canned Juice
- Mix the (apple or grape) juice with the pectin in a large sauce pan ; over high heat quickly bring the mixture to a hard boil. Stirring occasionally.
- Immediately add all the sugar and stir , bring to a full rolling boil(a boil that can't be stirred down) and boil hard for 1 minute , stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and skim off the foam with a metal spoon , and pour quickly into sterilized jelly jars. ( fill to 1/2" of top )
- With a wet dish towel wipe the ring of jar clean of any jelly spillage and put on cap and screw band on firmly tight.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
- NOTE : For a rosy color in the apple jelly add a few drops of red food coloring to the juice before cooking.