This is an old recipe handed down, guess I just like the name...
- 2 qt
- fresh picked berries
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- enough water to just cover berries
- 2 c
- 1 pkg
- knox unflavored gelatin
How to Make Almost Jam
- 1Pick berries. Wash berries. Put berries in a large pot. Add water to just cover the berries. Cook over medium heat on campfire (or grill or your kitchen stove). Stir constantly as heat will allow for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2Add cinnamon and sugar. Bring to a boil you can't stir down. Cook 5 minutes.
- 3Add gelatin. Cook 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and let cool. If it is like a syrup... use it as a syrup. If it is like jam... use it like jam.