☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspbutter, unsalted
2 Tbspall purpose flour
2 tspdijon mustard
2 tspworcestershire sauce
1/2 tspblack pepper
3/4 cheavy cream
6 ozcheddar cheese, shredded (1.5 cups)
2 dash(es)hot sauce
4 slicebread, toasted
How to Make Welsh Rarebit
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and whisk in the flour to make a roux. Cook, whisking constantly for 2 to 3 minutes, being careful not to brown the flour.
- Whisk in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add beer and whisk to combine.
- Pour in the heavy cream and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Gradually add cheese, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and sauce is smooth. This will take 4 to 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add hot sauce. Pour over toast and serve immediately.