Vail's Vegetarian Gravy (no drippings necessary)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 ccelery, chopped
1 ccarrots, chopped
1/2 conion, chopped
3-4 clovegarlic, chopped
1 largerosemary sprig
1/2 tspdried oregano
1 can(s)vegetable broth
3 1/2 tspflour
2 1/2 Tbspmarsala wine
·salt and pepper
How to Make Vail's Vegetarian Gravy (no drippings necessary)
- Sautee onion, celery, carrots and garlic in a bit of olive oil in a small pot for about 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes, NO MORE!
- Strain broth into a separate bowl and discard aromatic ingredients (celery, carrot etc).
- Melt the butter in the same empty pot and slowly stir in the flour until it becomes a chunky mess.
- Slowly add the broth, one large splash at a time. Halfway through adding broth, add the marsala wine, stirring in slowly. Slowly stir in the rest of the broth.
- Season with a little more salt and pepper and serve!