Turkey Gravy-Quick and Easy
This recipe is flavorful and not a bit chalky...
The toasted flour gives this gravy great color and flavor!
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- drippings and scrappings from roaster pan
- 1 3/4 c
- chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp
- dry white wine, optional
- 1/2 tsp
- each pepper, seasoned salt and garlic-all to taste
How to Make Turkey Gravy-Quick and Easy
- 1In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat- stir the flour dry until it is medium brown in color - about 5 to 6 minutes.Remove from heat. Set aside.
- 2Remover turkey to carving board or platter,cover with foil.
Skim off and discard most of the fat from the roaster. Whisk the pan drippings and scrapings from bottom of roaster with the toasted flour stirring until smooth.
- 3Slowly add broth and wine;whisking until smooth.
Set saucepan over high heat and stir scraping bottom of pan often until gravy boil rapidly..Simmer and stir 5 minutes and add salt, pepper, and garlic to taste. Strain into gravy boat or bowl. Sprinkle with a little dried parsley ,if desired. Enjoy!