Turkey Gravy In The Instant Pot
2 pkg32 ounce cartons turkey or chicken stock
1 Tbsppoultry seasoning
1 tspdried thyme
1 tspdried sage
1 Tbspsalt or to taste
1 largewhite onion
4 lbturkey wings
4 Tbspcorn starch
1 1/2 cwater
How to Make Turkey Gravy In The Instant Pot
- Add stock to Instant Pot then add seasonings and stir. Cut the onion in large pieces and place in steamer basket, place wings on top and put the basket in in IP. You may have to adjust the amount of wings you use, but make sure you only use wings.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes then let sit for 20 minutes and release remaining pressure. You want the wings to be literally falling off the bone and the broth to be rich. Lift basket out and place on a large plate to drain.
- Put the IP on sauté. When it starts to boil add the cornstarch and water.
- I did not lose any liquid and even gained a cup. I started with 4 Tablespoons for cornstarch in 1 ½ cups of water and made a slurry. It was not enough, but it did thicken it some. Place in gallon Zip Lock freezer bags and freeze. On Thanksgiving Day, thaw and keep hot in a crock pot, the IP or on the stove.
- When the turkey comes out of the oven, add the drippings and more cornstarch slurry to thicken, and the gravy is DONE.