★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 mediumonions, diced
8 cchicken broth
3/4 ccarrots, chopped
1/2 tspground thyme
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Turkey Gravy
- Preheat oven to 400* Roast wings and onions for 1 1/4 hours. I use an old, stained cookie sheet. It really gets carmelized.
- Transfer to a large pot. Add 6 cups of chicken broth, carrots, and thyme. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Whisk flour and remaining 2 cups of broth together until smooth and add to strained gravy.
- Add butter and simmer until thickened and smooth. Salt and pepper to taste. The person I received this recipe from adds a pinch of sugar. I like it without the optional sugar.