By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Turkey Gravy
- Remove liver and set aside.
- In saucepan, cover giblets and neck with lightly salted cold water; add a few celery leaves and onion slices.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour; add liver and simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Remove and chop giblets and discard neck reserving 2 cups broth.
- Skim 1/2 cup turkey fat from pan juices.
- Gather 2 cups juices, adding water if necessary to make 2 cups.
- Combine turkey fat with 1/2 cup flour in saucepan.
- Begin heating then whisk in broth and juices.
- Whisk in half and half and stir in giblets.
- Cook until thickened and bubbly, then 1 minute more, then stir in brandy.