By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Turkey Gravy
- 1Remove liver and set aside.
- 2In saucepan, cover giblets and neck with lightly salted cold water; add a few celery leaves and onion slices.
- 3Cover and simmer 1 hour; add liver and simmer 20-30 minutes.
- 4Remove and chop giblets and discard neck reserving 2 cups broth.
- 5Skim 1/2 cup turkey fat from pan juices.
- 6Gather 2 cups juices, adding water if necessary to make 2 cups.
- 7Combine turkey fat with 1/2 cup flour in saucepan.
- 8Begin heating then whisk in broth and juices.
- 9Whisk in half and half and stir in giblets.
- 10Cook until thickened and bubbly, then 1 minute more, then stir in brandy.