Tomato Gravy Over Biscuits
Cindi M Bauer
4 Tbspvegetable oil
A Smidgenof salt (or season according to taste)
A Smidgenof black pepper (or season according to taste)
1(14.5-oz) can(s)diced tomatoes, drained, but reserving the juice (see *note)
1 (8-oz.) can(s)tomato sauce
1 (16.3) oztube pillsbury grands! flaky layers buttermilk biscuits (which contains 8 biscuits)
How to Make Tomato Gravy Over Biscuits
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet, over medium heat, then stir in the flour.
- Cook and stir until it's light brown.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the diced tomatoes and water; stir well.
- Reduce the heat, then stir in the tomato sauce.
- Cover the skillet, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the gravy has thickened.
- Cut each biscuit in half, then serve the tomato gravy over the hot biscuits.
- Yields: 8 servings
- *Note: Use the juice from the canned diced tomatoes, to make the gravy, along with enough water needed to fill an 8-ounce measuring cup.