Tasty Creamy White Gravy
There is nothing better than home grown veggies,Okra,Corn the best...
- 4 Tbsp
- bacon grease, about 6 slices of bacon
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- salt or own preference
- 1 tsp
- pepper, or own preference
- 2 c
How to Make Tasty Creamy White Gravy
- 1I use my iron skillet, fry the bacon till crisp, drain, crumble and set aside. If not sure how much grease you have, pour into a measuring cup, and measure out 4 tbs, I heat it on med heat, then whisk in the flour, keep stirring till turns a caramel color. Add the salt and pepper, then I pour one cup of milk and stir constantly, then stir in the other cup, keep stirring as it begins to bubble should be thick, and should be nice and creamy. If you like thinner gravy, add more milk till the consistency you like..
- 2I didn't add the bacon into the gravy,I wanted it to stay crispy, so we just sprinkle it on top of our gravy.
- 3If you don't like using bacon grease, replace it with 4 Tbs of butter. I like the flavor the bacon gives it.
This gravy was the one my Grandma always used, and she used it for her bisquits and gravy, chicken fried steak, or just like I did this evening, for my mashed potatoes..yum!!