Mama's Tomato Gravy
How to Make Mama's Tomato Gravy
- 1In a skillet, stir flour into grease over medium-high heat. Let flour cook and brown, keep stirring, don’t let it burn.
- 2When roux has browned, pour water into skillet, while stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- 3Whisk in tomato paste (about 1/2 of the small can) until well blended.
- 4When gravy begins to thicken reduce heat to low.
- 5Stir in salt and black pepper and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- 6You may need to add a little more water if gravy becomes too thick.
- 7Serve with love over hot buttermilk biscuits along with bacon or sausage for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Morning, noon or night, you’ll feel the love because your heart and your tummy will be full.