By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cmadeira wine
·pan juices, from roasted turkey
1 cchicken broth
1/8 tspthyme, dried
How to Make Madeira Gravy
- Boil wine, uncovered, in a small saucepan until reduced by about half.
- Meanwhile, strain the pan juices into a 2-cup glass measure, gently pressing on the solids to extract all of the liquid.
- Let the juices rest for a few minutes, then skim away the grease that floats to the top.
- Add chicken broth to make 1 1/2 cups liquid.
- Add juice-broth mixture to the reduced wine, along with pepper and thyme; boil for a minute or two.
- Remove from heat and serve with turkey.