Hint: What to do with the Turkey dripping fat
Yes, I use some of the fat for making a roux, but I have learned to save all the seasoned fat drippings from my turkey.
I dislike wasting anything.
- turkey fat you drain from your roasting pan
How to Make Hint: What to do with the Turkey dripping fat
- 1When I roast a turkey I do it on a rack.
Then I drain off the fat from the drippings and save the dripping fat in a container in the freezer.
- 2The next time I make turkey, I rub the turkey dripping fat on the turkey instead of using butter or oil. Then I lightly season the turkey, because the turkey fat drippings already have seasonings in it.
- 3You'll be amazed at the flavor it imparts to your turkey and how rich in flavor the gravy will be.
- 4I have also used the turkey fat drippings to roast potatoes and carrots in...they come out nice and brown and seasoned with a wonderful flavor.