1 lbjimmy dean bold sausage
4 ccold milk (2% can be used, taste better if whole milk is used)
2-3 Tbspall purpose flour
1 Tbsppepper (to taste but you want it peppery)
1 tspsalt (to taste)
6-8pillsbury frozen biscuits (the best biscuits ever)
2 Tbspcanola oil
How to Make Hands down the best biscuits and sausage gravy
- Set oven according to package directions for biscuits. Place 6 to 8 biscuits on a baking sheet and cook.
- Place oil in a large deep skillet on med to high heat. Add flour stir to mix evenly, you should have a thick rue. Add oil or flour to get a velvety texture. Add salt and pepper to taste, heavy on the pepper.
- When Rue takes on a brown color almost to burn stages, add 1/2 of your milk. Keep stirring until you have a nice creamy gravy.
- Add all the sausage in pulled pieces to the gravy mixture. Bring up to a good bubbly boil then reduce the heat to low/med and let cook for 15 minutes. Add milk as needed to keep consistancy creamy.
- Remove biscuits from oven cover with the yummy goodness and enjoy.