Grandmas Country Sausage Gravy N Biscuits by Freda
Prep for the Biscuits is about 15 min.
cook time is about 15 Min for the Biscuits and also the gravy.
- 1 lb
- seasoned pork sausage ( use good sausage) jimmy dean is very good.
- 2 Tbs
- 2 C
- milk, 1/2 &1/2 or heavy cream (your choice) o much better with cream or 1/2 & 1/2.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 C
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 tsp
- baking pdr
- 1/3 C
- plus 2 tbs shortening, (divided)
- 1 C
COUNTRY SAUSAGE GRAVY:
How to Make Grandmas Country Sausage Gravy N Biscuits by Freda
- 1Make Bisicuits below before making gravy.
Brown sausage, Drain, Reserving 2-3 Tbs grease; set sausage aside.
- 3Stir flour into pan with the 2 tbs grease, gradually add milk. Stir.
Stir over Medium heat until gravy thickens.
add salt and pepper, and the sausage, stir and serve over biscuits below.
Sift and Mix all dry ingredients in bowl. with fork cut in 1/3Cup shortening, until mix resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5ADD: milk, mix until soft dough forms a ball.
Turn out on light floured surface. Knead Gently for 1 min.
- 6Roll into 1/2-3/4 inch thickness.
Cut with 2inch round cutter.
Melt 2 TBS shortening, and pour into baking pan,
Place Biscuits in pan, turning so each biscuit gets greased in melted shortening.
- 7BAKE: Biscuits, 450 degrees until golden brown, about 15 min.
Makes 12-15 Biscuits
- 8TO SERVE:
Pour Sausage Gravy over Biscuits split in 1/2. Enjoy your Country Breakfast.
Add an egg & Hashbrowns or Grits, and that is a down home country Breakfast to enjoy.