★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pt
- strawberries, fresh
- 1 c
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh (about 1/2 a lemon)
How to Make Strawberry Sauce
- 1Slice the strawberries thinly (after removing the tops).
- 2Add to a saucepan with the sugar and the lemon. Cook over medium heat until the strawberries are almost dissolved and the sauce is slightly thickened.
- 3Drain through a mesh sieve into a blow, pressing the strawberries through (it will leave most of the seeds behind the first time).
- 4Repeat step 3 one more time. Can be store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week. (you can freeze it in little portions using an ice cube tray and then moving to a plastic bag).