Spicy Fruit Compote1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- two inch cinnamon stick
- whole cloves
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- port, sweet red wine or apple juice
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 pkg
- mixed dried fruit
- bananas, sliced
How to Make Spicy Fruit Compote
- 1Tie cinnamon stick and cloves in cheesecloth bag.
- 2Heat cheesecloth bag, sugar, port, water and lemon juice to boiling in 2-quart saucepan.
- 3Stir in dried fruit.
- 4Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- 5Simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fruit is plump and tender.
- 6Refrigerate uncovered about 3 hours, stirring occasionally, until chilled.
- 7Discard cheesecloth bag.
- 8Stir bananas into fruit mixture until coated with syrup.
- 9Drain fruit, reserving syrup.
- 10Serve fruit with some of the syrup.
- 11Serve with sour cream or plain yogurt if desired.