- 1 can(s)
- tart red pitted cherries 16 oz.
- 3/4 c
- dry sherry
- 1/2 c
- jelly, red currant
- 1 pkg
- cherry flavored gelatin (jello)
- 1/4 c
- lemon juice
How to Make Sherried Cherries
- 1Drain Cherries, reserving 3/4 cup juice; set cherries aside
- 2Combine cherry juice, Dry Sherry, and jelly in small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 3Remove from heat; add gelatin, stirring until dissolved. Stir in Lemon juice until well blended.
- 4Pour mixture into a 4cup bowl, and chill until consistency of beaten egg white.
- 5Fold in cherries, and chill until firm.