★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 can(s)tart red pitted cherries 16 oz.
3/4 cdry sherry
1/2 cjelly, red currant
1 pkgcherry flavored gelatin (jello)
1/4 clemon juice
How to Make Sherried Cherries
- Drain Cherries, reserving 3/4 cup juice; set cherries aside
- Combine cherry juice, Dry Sherry, and jelly in small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; add gelatin, stirring until dissolved. Stir in Lemon juice until well blended.
- Pour mixture into a 4cup bowl, and chill until consistency of beaten egg white.
- Fold in cherries, and chill until firm.