- 4 c
- sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 pkg
- 10oz frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1/4 c
- quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 c
- sugar (i'm going to try using agave nectar, splenda now)
- 1/2 c
- drops red food coloring, optional
How to Make Quick Strawberry~Rhubarb Sauce
- 1In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the fruit, water and tapioca Let stand for 5 minutes. Cover and microwave on high for 3-1/2 minutes. Stir; cook 2-1/2 minutes longer or until the rhubarb is tender. Stir in the sugar. Cover and microwave for 1-2 minutes. Stir in food coloring if desired.
- 2Serve warm or chilled.
Yield: 4-1/2 cups.