Peggy Sue's Candied Spiked Cranberry Sauce
Peggy Sue Ross
You can vary this recipie in several ways: use your favorite spirit or liqueur (such as brandy), add toasted nuts (walnuts or pecans), add dried fruits (orange rind or mango), etc.
How to Make Peggy Sue's Candied Spiked Cranberry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Rinse cranberries and discard any soft berries or stems, leaves, etc.
- Lightly grease 2 jellyroll (15 x 10 x 1)pans.
- Arrange cranberries in a single layer amongst the two pans.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over cranberries in each pan.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour, switch oven racks after 30 minutes to ensure even baking.
- Spoon cranberries into large serving bowl.
- Add Grand Marnier (it will sizzle slightly). Let cool.
- Serve at room temperature or chill. Keeps refrigerated up to one week.