Peggy Sue's Candied Spiked Cranberry Sauce
Peggy Sue Ross
You can vary this recipie in several ways: use your favorite spirit or liqueur (such as brandy), add toasted nuts (walnuts or pecans), add dried fruits (orange rind or mango), etc.
How to Make Peggy Sue's Candied Spiked Cranberry Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Rinse cranberries and discard any soft berries or stems, leaves, etc.
- 3Lightly grease 2 jellyroll (15 x 10 x 1)pans.
- 4Arrange cranberries in a single layer amongst the two pans.
- 5Sprinkle sugar evenly over cranberries in each pan.
- 6Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- 7Bake for 1 hour, switch oven racks after 30 minutes to ensure even baking.
- 8Spoon cranberries into large serving bowl.
- 9Add Grand Marnier (it will sizzle slightly). Let cool.
- 10Serve at room temperature or chill. Keeps refrigerated up to one week.