Peggy Sue's Candied Spiked Cranberry Sauce
Peggy Sue Ross
You can vary this recipie in several ways: use your favorite spirit or liqueur (such as brandy), add toasted nuts (walnuts or pecans), add dried fruits (orange rind or mango), etc.
- (12 oz) bags of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 c
- 1/2 c
- grand marnier (orange liqueur & brandy blend)
How to Make Peggy Sue's Candied Spiked Cranberry Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Rinse cranberries and discard any soft berries or stems, leaves, etc.
- 3Lightly grease 2 jellyroll (15 x 10 x 1)pans.
- 4Arrange cranberries in a single layer amongst the two pans.
- 5Sprinkle sugar evenly over cranberries in each pan.
- 6Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- 7Bake for 1 hour, switch oven racks after 30 minutes to ensure even baking.
- 8Spoon cranberries into large serving bowl.
- 9Add Grand Marnier (it will sizzle slightly). Let cool.
- 10Serve at room temperature or chill. Keeps refrigerated up to one week.