- 4 c
- prepared fruit, about 4 oranges and 2 lemons
- 2 1/2 c
- 1 box
- sure jell fruit pectin
- 1/2 tsp
- butter or margarine
- 5 1/2 c
- sugar, measured in a separate bowl
- canning jars, and lids( 2 piece rings and flats)
How to Make Orange Marmalade
- 1Prepare clean jars and keep hot until ready to use. I put mine in dishwasher on dry cycle. Keep lids and flats hot in a boiler.
- 3After comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and cover and let simmer about 25 minutes stirring occasionally. Measure out exactly 4 cups of prepared fruit in saucepan. Add fruit pectin and then butter to reduce foaming. Bring to a full rolling boil on high heat stirring constantly. Add sugar and bring to full boil again stirring constantly for exactly one minute. Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
- 4Marmalade should be at a jelly like stage and ready to ladle into jars. If not ready, boil a little longer. Fill jars one at a time within 1/8 inch of top. Add lids and flats and screw tightly. Put jars in hot water bath and bring to a boil. Let boil 10 minutes. Be sure water cover jars by 1 to 2 inches.