★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 c
- warm water
- 1 stick
- butter, unsalted cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp
- finely grated lemon zest plus 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1/4 c
- blood-orange and lime juice (mixed or one or the other)
How to Make Mixed Citrus Sauce
- 1Combine sugar, cornstarch, and 1/4t salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk in water. Bring to a boil, whisking. Continue to boil, whisking, until clear and thick, about 6 minutes more.
- 2Stir in butter, lemon zest, and citrus juices. Cook, stirring regularly, until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes more.
Sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.