How to Make Lemon Sauce for Ginger Pancakes
- 1In medium heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Mix well and then gradually stir in the water
- 2Cook over low heat until bubbly and thick, stirring constantly.
- 3In small bowl, beat the egg yolks until frothy.
- 4Stirring constantly, add a few tablespoons of the hot sugar mixture to the yolks. Pour the rest of egg yolk into hot sugar mixture and continue to cook stirring for 1 minute.
- 5Remove pan from heat add the butter and lemon rind and lemon juice. Stir until well blended
- 6Serve Hot on ginger pancakes =) Can be used hot or cold and Keeps in tightly covered container in ther refrigerator for up to 1 week.