- 3 tsp
- lemon zest, fresh off the lemon
- 1/2 c
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 c
- white granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp
- butter cut into pieces
- eggs, lightly beaten
How to Make Lemon Curd
- 1Zest off the rind of the lemon to make 3 tsp.
- 2Mix lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan on medium heat.
- 3Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Add butter and stir it until it's melted. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.
- 4Beat eggs into the cooled lemon mixture until well blended. Return to the heat
and cook over medium-low heat about 15 minutes until it's thickened. DON'T LET THE LEMON MIXTURE BOIL AS IT WILL CURDLE. It will continue to thicken after it's cooled. Makes about 2 cups and should be refrigerated.