Grandma's Apple Sauce
Her apple sauce is the best around...and chunky, not slimy!
Eating a bite of this will take you back to the glories of the 1940's.
- 6-8 large
- cooking apples, peeled, cored, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 c
- white sugar
- 1 box
- 3 0z. instant vanilla pudding mix
How to Make Grandma's Apple Sauce
- 1Boil water in a large pot over high heat. Add cut-up apples, lowering heat to medium-high. Cook, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until apples are soft.
- 2Add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg. Mash with potato masher until sauce is well-mixed but not too runny. Cook another minute over heat.
- 3Add vanilla pudding mix and vanilla. Continue to stir while cooking until pudding is disolved. Serve warm or let cool in refrigerator.
- 4Note: if you don't want it chunky, pulse in the blender until smooth.