★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 cfresh cranberries
12 ozorange marmalade (not bitter variety; smuckers is good.
1-2 ccoarsely broken walnuts, toasted*
How to Make Cranberry Relish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To Toast nuts: Drop kernels in rapidly boiling water and boil for 3 min. Drain. Spread in a shallow pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min. Stir often.
- Combine cranberries with sugar in a shallow pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
- Stir baked cranberries with other ingredients. Place in fruit jars and chill immediately.
- I find that it lasts easily from Thanksgiving to New Year’s and we serve it over cream cheese with crackers as one of the appetizers. This is great with turkey or even on a turkey or chicken sandwich. It’s also great with ham and makes wonderful gifts.