★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 c
- fresh cranberries
- 2-1/2 c
- 12 oz
- orange marmalade (not bitter variety; smuckers is good.
- 1-2 c
- coarsely broken walnuts, toasted*
- lime, juiced
How to Make Cranberry Relish
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2To Toast nuts: Drop kernels in rapidly boiling water and boil for 3 min. Drain. Spread in a shallow pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min. Stir often.
- 3Combine cranberries with sugar in a shallow pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
- 4Stir baked cranberries with other ingredients. Place in fruit jars and chill immediately.
- 5I find that it lasts easily from Thanksgiving to New Year’s and we serve it over cream cheese with crackers as one of the appetizers. This is great with turkey or even on a turkey or chicken sandwich. It’s also great with ham and makes wonderful gifts.