Cranberry-Pomegranite Relish (Connie's)
my cranberry relish. This is the winner we're using this year. It's surprising delicious.
2 tspvegetable oil
1large shallot, finely chopped
112 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cpomagranite juice
1/2 cpacked dark brown sugar
·course sea salt and black pepper to taste
1/2 cpomagranite seeds
How to Make Cranberry-Pomegranite Relish (Connie's)
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and cook, stirring constantly, until softened (about 3 minutes).
- Add cranberries, pomegranate juice, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook stirring occasionally until cranberries burst and sauce is slightly thickened (about 10 minutes)
- Remove from heat,. Stir in pomegranate seeds.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving.
- To store, refrigerate in airtight container up to one week.