Cranberry-Pomegranite Relish (Connie's)
my cranberry relish. This is the winner we're using this year. It's surprising delicious.
- 2 tsp
- vegetable oil
- large shallot, finely chopped
- 12 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 c
- pomagranite juice
- 1/2 c
- packed dark brown sugar
- course sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- pomagranite seeds
How to Make Cranberry-Pomegranite Relish (Connie's)
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add shallots and cook, stirring constantly, until softened (about 3 minutes).
- 3Add cranberries, pomegranate juice, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- 4Cook stirring occasionally until cranberries burst and sauce is slightly thickened (about 10 minutes)
- 5Remove from heat,. Stir in pomegranate seeds.
- 6Let cool to room temperature before serving.
- 7To store, refrigerate in airtight container up to one week.