Carrot Cake Waffles
I'm also thinking if you just used 1 square of the waffle, dress it with the apple mixture and sour cream, this would make a great dessert.
- 1 box
- carrot cake mix
- 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 - 1/2 c
- granny smith apples
- 2 Tbsp
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- sour cream (optional)
How to Make Carrot Cake Waffles
- 1Prepare the cake mix according to package directions, adding the chopped nuts plus 1/3 to 1/2 cup more water than instructed, making a thick, flowing batter.
- 2Peel, core and dice the apples. Melt the butter in a saute pan and, when it stops foaming, add the apples and toss over medium heat. Cover, lower heat and cook until soft but still slightly crisp. Squeeze lemon juice over the apples.
- 3Heat the waffle iron and spray the grids with nonstick vegetable spray. Use a 1/4 cup measure to pour a puddle of batter in the center of each grid. Cook the waffles until they are firm enough to remove from the waffle iron. Put on plates.
- 4Spoon the hot apples over the waffles. Top with a spoonful of sour cream, if desired.