Brandied Apple Caramel Sauce (Ice Cream Topping)
2 Tbspbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 mediumgala apple, peeled, cored and finely diced
1 jar(s)(12.25 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
2 Tbspapple flavored bourbon
How to Make Brandied Apple Caramel Sauce (Ice Cream Topping)
- Place a 2 quart saucepan over medium high heat. Add the butter, sugar, cinnamon and apple.
- Cook, stirring often, until mixture comes to a simmer.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, mixture has thickened slightly and apples are crisp/tender.
- Mix in the caramel topping and bourbon. Mix well and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until alcohol has cooked away.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a covered container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Heat in microwave before serving.