Blackberry Chipotle Sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cups fresh blackberries, divided
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- salt to taste and fresh chopped cilantro
How to Make Blackberry Chipotle Sauce
- 1Heat oil in pan over medium heat til it shimmers. Add onion and sweat til softened, 3 minutes. Stir in 1 cup blackberries, broth, brown sugar and chipotle. Bring sauce to simmer and cook til blackberries are softened and mixture slightly reduces. This should take about 2 minutes.
- 2Whisk together lime juice and cornstarch; whisk into blackberry mixture til it thickens. add remaining 1 cup blackberries. Season sauce with salt and garnish with chopped cilantro.