Applesauce From Cooking Live1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3 lb
- mixed apples, cored, quartered
- 1/2 c
- 3/4-1 c
- sugar, to taste
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsp
- cinnamon, optional
How to Make Applesauce From Cooking Live
- 1In a large saucepan combine the apples, 1/2 cup water and sugar, bring the liquid to a boil, and simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally and breaking up the apples, for 20 minutes.
- 2When the apples are tender and the mixture is the consistency of a chunky puree pass the apples through a food mill and return to the saucepan.
- 3Simmer the applesauce, gently, for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 4Adjust seasoning with lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon.
- 5Serve the applesauce warm or chilled.