Applesauce From Cooking Live1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbmixed apples, cored, quartered
3/4-1 csugar, to taste
·juice of half a lemon
2 tspcinnamon, optional
How to Make Applesauce From Cooking Live
- In a large saucepan combine the apples, 1/2 cup water and sugar, bring the liquid to a boil, and simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally and breaking up the apples, for 20 minutes.
- When the apples are tender and the mixture is the consistency of a chunky puree pass the apples through a food mill and return to the saucepan.
- Simmer the applesauce, gently, for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Adjust seasoning with lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon.
- Serve the applesauce warm or chilled.