World's Best Vinaigrette
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced (more or less for your personal taste)
- 1 small
- shallot, minced
- 3 Tbsp
- sherry vinegar (best quality you can find, makes a huge difference) you can use balsamic or red wine vinegar (6 or 7 percent acidity), but sherry is the best.
- 1/2 tsp
- coarse-grained salt (sea salt)
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 4 to 5 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3 Tbsp
- flat leaf parsley (rough chopped) or mixed herbs
- cracked black pepper to your taste
How to Make World's Best Vinaigrette
- 1Place garlic, shallot, vinegar and salt in a smal bowl and let stand for at least 30 minutes. This will take the peppery bite out of the garlic and shallot.
- 2Whisk in mustard, oil and herbs.
- 3Add pepper to taste.
- 4This is also wonderful as a marinade and served as a dipping sauce for chicken.