Whiskey Sauce for Meats and Vegetables
We had it on shrimp, pork tenderloin, slab bacon, polenta AND broccoli! It was wonderful on all of it!!! It would be an awesome burger sauce and salmon glaze...it's so versatile.
Best part about this sauce is how easy it is to make!
I adapted this from TGIF's famous Jack Daniels sauce.
- 2 c
- pineapple orange juice (or all pineapple)
- 3 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 1 - 15 oz
- can crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 1 1/4 c
- irish whiskey (or your fav whiskey)
- 1/2 c
- worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- onion powder
- 4-6 clove
- garlic, smashed or 1 tbsp garlic powder
- beef bouillon, cubes
- 1/4-1 tsp
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 3/4 c
- brown sugar
How to Make Whiskey Sauce for Meats and Vegetables
- 1Add all ingredients to a large saucepan, mix well, bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer, be sure to maintain a low boil.
Boil until mixture reduces by a third, 40-60 minutes. The longer you cook it, the thicker it will get. Last time I made this, I cooked it 1 1/2 hrs. It was perfect.
Remove from heat, run through a strainer to remove pineapple and garlic bits if desired. Allow to cool. Store in small pitcher, squeeze bottles or a bowl and keep refrigerated until needed.
Makes approx 2 1/2 - 3 cups. Enjoy!!!
- 2*This recipe can easily be halved...but it's so good, if you do, you will wish you had more. :o)
*I used 1/4 tsp of cayenne, you knew it was there, but barely. So if you like heat...use more.