Spinach Salad In Fresh Orange Dressing
How to Make Spinach Salad In Fresh Orange Dressing
- 1Peel the oranges and remove the white pith.
- 2Over a bowl positioned to catch the juice, separate the segments of each orange from the membrane with a sharp knife, discarding the seeds, and set them aside.
- 3Squeeze the residual juice from the membranes into the bowl and reserve.
- 4Combine the spinach and watercress in a mixing bowl.
- 5Put the pine nuts in a small saute' pan and cook over medium heat for about 6 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until the nuts are golden brown.
- 6Transfer the pine nuts to a small bowl.
- 7Put the shallots, garlic, vinegars and reserved orange juice into the saute' pan.
- 8Bring to a bowl over low heat.
- 9Stir in the black pepper (to taste), then pour the dressing over the spinach and watercress.
- 10Toss to coat.
- 11Arrange mixture on salad plates, spoon orange segments atop each and garnish with the pine nuts and, if you like, orange wheels.
- 12MAKING ORANGE WHEELS Slice an unpeeled orange into 1/4-inch rounds.
- 13Make a cut halfway across each round, from the peel to the core, and twist the sides of the cut in opposite directions so that the top half of the round will stand upright when placed on the salad.